Wayward Kind is looking for an outstanding SEM & PPC Specialist to join our team of marketing experts.
The right person will assist in planning, implementation, QA, and optimization of paid search campaigns for the best results possible. The person in this role will support advertising efforts for our clients that are primarily B2B brands.
Are you who we are looking for? Let’s find out!
We want to meet you if:
- You’re fascinated by figuring out why people buy. You are curious about what makes people hover, read, click and buy. You love that you have the power to ethically shape buyer behavior through your work.
- You have an analysis on social justice issues. We work with companies who are making significant changes in race, class and gender equity. You share this commitment and enjoy working in the equity space.
- You’re proactive. You are always monitoring performance and are quick to recommend changes and improvements whenever you uncover them. You know that when it comes to ads, time is money and you’re a very good steward of clients’ resources.
- You test and iterate in a calculated way. You love to test new ideas to see how you can improve outcomes for clients, but it never feels like trial and error. You have run enough ads in your day and managed enough budgets that when you try new things, you’ve got a pretty good idea of the outcome before you dive in.
- You’ve got receipts. This ain’t your first rodeo. You’ve got a lot of campaigns under your belt and you know what works. You make smart recommendations to clients and the rest of the team by drawing on past experience. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve accomplished.
You’ll like working here if:
- You like to lead. We’ll be looking to you to bring your best ideas and know how to execute them.
- You thrive on variety.We manage about 40 clients at a time. If you like creating strategies related to several industries and working with lots of great humans, you’ll like working with us.
- You’re ready to learn. If you see feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve, you’ll fit right in.
- You’re a “details” person. You’re meticulously organized and like to go into meetings over-prepared. People tell you that you set the bar high for getting the details juuuuuuust right.
- You like people. We want to work with you if you have a knack for building healthy and mutually beneficial client and team relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Researching and defining keyword strategy for paid search initiatives
- Writing optimized ad copy
- Setting up and launching campaigns in platforms including but not limited to Google AdWords (including Google Display Network), Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Monitoring and optimizing campaigns to maximize results, ensuring budgets and timelines are met.
- Compiling, analyzing and presenting paid advertising reports
- Managing timelines and expectations, and delivering effective results
- Working well under pressure; meeting multiple, and sometimes competing, deadlines
- Staying up to date on industry news and trends
- Identifying opportunities to test new strategies that will help our clients grow.
What You Need
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 1-2 years of demonstrated, hands on SEM & PPC experience (required)
- Google Ads certification (required)
- Samples of campaigns you’ve run and the results you’ve achieved for clients
- Previous digital agency experience is very much preferred, including direct communication with clients
- Professional proficiency in the English language (required)
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite
- High level of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
Who We Are
Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency that works with challenger brands who are creating forward thinking and necessary social change, particularly in the areas of race, class and gender equity.
What We Believe In
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure––as well as the significant responsibility––of helping our clients communicate what they believe in.
Our work is more creative and far more effective by being inclusive of different viewpoints, backgrounds and cultures. We choose clients, collaborators and partners who share this core value.
A few more details
- Location: We are working remotely temporarily. Once it’s safe, we’ll be back in our offices located in San Diego, CA, at least a portion of the week.
- Job Type: Full time, Exempt
- Job Title: SEM & PPC Specialist
- Manager: SEO Strategist
- Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000 per year, commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits: We provide comprehensive benefits including health insurance, flexible paid time off, a continuing education stipend, paid maternity/paternity leave, and a family friendly workplace.
- Business Hours: Our office is open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Working hours are flexible, but generally during office hours.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.