Visual Web Designer // Job Description
Full Time, Exempt
We are a digital marketing agency working with purpose-driven companies. Our clients are making good by creating positive, forward-thinking, and necessary changes in their industry.
As marketing and branding experts, our work is rooted in bringing greater visibility to organizations that are solving complex social, environmental, and organizational justice issues. We partner with organizations that are leading systems-change efforts and contributing to a more just future.
We are looking to add a full-time Visual Web Designer to join our fully remote team. Are you the person we are looking for? Let’s find out!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Confidently creating delightful website designs and digital experiences that help our clients reach their goals and move their business forward.
- Lead visual design throughout the entire project lifecycle, from initial concepts and explorations through final design deliverables.
- Work closely with copywriters and developers as creative partners to concept original ideas.
- Create website design style guides to ensure the design handoff is seamless, transparent, and stress-free.
- Create and format all digital visual elements, including typography, layout, imagery, iconography, interactions, and functionality.
- Support the design and development of high-impact presentation materials for external, internal, and client use.
- Managing multiple clients/projects simultaneously.
- Supporting the learning and work of other designers and developers.
- Managing time well to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget, and within scope.
- Interacting with clients and our internal team to ensure client satisfaction.
Why You’ll Like Working With Us:
- You want to show up as yourself, every day. Black, Brown, queer, differently-abled—we believe a variety of voices and lived experiences brings richness to our work, and we know that our results are better for it.
- You like working with people who are changing the ways the world works. Our clients are pushing the envelope in the areas of race, class and gender equity, sustainable commerce, body positivity, and other progressive agendas. If you have been looking for a way to create long-term societal impact through your work, this is the place.
- You’re curious and a life-long learner. You have a genuine interest in design, UX, and you have a user-first mindset. You are a flexible and resourceful problem solver.
What You Need:
- You must include a diverse portfolio of projects that demonstrate your skills in visual storytelling and concept-driven design work. Landing pages and mockups are nice but we love links to live websites you have designed.
- Expert knowledge of branding, visual design principles, typography, and UX best practices.
- Proficiency in one or all of the following user interface design apps: Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Invision Studio, Framer.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of one or all of the following digital design apps: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity Designer/Photo.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but may be supplemented/replaced with relevant experience.
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Professional proficiency in English.
Things We’d Love to See:
- A special interest in one or more of the following: illustration, photography, information design, presentation design, any UX disciplines.
- An understanding of version control for dev or design: Git, Abstract, Plant, Kactus.
- Experience with Agile, Kanban, Lean or Sprint frameworks.
- Committed to anti-oppression work, both personally and professionally
- Interested in learning about race, class and gender equity as it relates to marketing
- High integrity and a personal commitment to liberatory practices
- Able to balance task-oriented work without compromising relationship building and engaging with diverse people as whole humans
What We Believe In:
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens, and we choose clients, team members, collaborators, and partners who share our core values.
A Few More Details:
- Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Location: Fully remote. We’ll see you on Zoom! If you’re in San Diego and want to work out of the office from time to time, you’re welcome to but it’s not required.
- Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Title: Visual Web Designer
- Compensation: $60,000/year
- Generous time off: 15 paid holidays, 10 days paid personal time off, 5 days of paid sick leave
- Benefits: Health Insurance, retirement savings plan, stipend for continuing education, family friendly workplace
- Business Hours: We generally work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday, but these times may fluctuate slightly based on your time zone.
How To Apply:
Does this sound like you? Send your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear how you align with our core values.