Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency that works with challenger brands who are solving complex social justice issues. Our role is to bring visibility to important issues around race, class and gender equity, and create sustainable growth opportunities for organizations that are doing good.
Wayward Kind is Hiring a Digital Marketing Strategist
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist to join our team of marketing experts.
Are you the person we are looking for? Let’s find out!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop strategies and actionable marketing plans for clients that may include content strategy, UX recommendations, social media strategy, email marketing strategy, social media ads and paid search strategy, sales strategy.
- Goals – Establishing, tracking and reporting on realistic, measurable goals for marketing campaigns.
- Audience development – Developing audience personas based on research you conduct
- Brand positioning – Why/How/What, brand differentiation, brand level messaging
- Social media strategy – Audience growth, engagement, content development for social media
- Content strategy – Blogging strategy, content mapping to specific audience segments, outlining content strategy for a specific launch/offering,
- Email marketing strategy – Audience segmentation, mapping out email funnels
- Sales strategy – Developing marketing strategies that are optimized for conversion metrics, being able to problem-solve for a client when they need to solve a sales related problem
- Manage your daily workflow while meeting deadlines and managing budgets.
- Create measurable value and ROI for clients.
Why You’ll Like Working With Us:
- You want to show up as yourself, every day. Black, Brown, queer, differently-abled—we believe a variety of voices and lived experiences brings a richness to our work, and we know that our results are better because of the diversity of our team.
- You like working with people who are changing the ways the world works. Our clients are pushing the envelope in the areas of race, class and gender equity, sustainable commerce, body positivity and other progressive agendas. If you have been looking for a way to create long-term societal impact through your work, this is the place.
- You’re curious and a life-long learner. You have a genuine interest in consumer behavior and digital psychology. You’ve got experience in growing sales through marketing channels, including social media, email marketing, SEO and content. You are a flexible and resourceful problem solver.
- You are an ethical marketer. We work with social innovators and change makers. Our clients look to us to develop new tools and methods to amplify their work without relying on manipulative marketing practices.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but may be supplemented/replaced with relevant experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Professional proficiency in English
- Committed to anti-oppression work, both personally and professionally
- Interested in learning about race, class and gender equity as it relates to marketing
- High integrity and a personal commitment to liberatory practices
- Able to balance task-oriented work without compromising relationship building and engaging with diverse people as whole humans
What We Believe In:
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens, and we choose clients, team members, collaborators, and partners who share our core values.
A Few More Details:
- Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Location: We are prioritizing candidates in the San Diego area at this time, but this role is fully remote. We’ll see you on Zoom!
- Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Title: Digital Marketing Strategist
- Compensation: $55,000 – $60,000 per year, commensurate with experience
- Generous time off: 15 paid holidays, 10 days paid personal time off, 5 days of paid sick leave
- Benefits: Health Insurance, retirement savings plan, stipend for continuing education, family friendly workplace.
- Business Hours: We generally work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday, but these times may fluctuate slightly based on your time zone.
How To Apply:
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear how you align with our core values.