Our team Wayward Kind is looking for a Content Strategist to join our crew! Is it you?
Let’s find out.
We want to meet you if:
- You’re fascinated by figuring out why people buy. You are curious about what makes people hover, read, click and buy. You love that you have the power to ethically shape buyer behavior through your work.
- You have an analysis on social justice issues. We work with companies who are making significant changes in race, class and gender equity. You share this commitment and enjoy working in the equity space.
- You are persuasive. You know that the right campaign can help people make decisions, mitigate hesitation, and share ideas with others. You know how to find and test concepts until you get the right combination.
- You understand how humans find information. If SEO, PPC and CX design are some of your favorite acronyms (and marketing tools), you will love this role.
- You are versatile. You have experience creating content strategies that include a variety of touch points––social, SEO, email marketing, copywriting, landing page and website content, and video.
- You’ve got receipts. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve accomplished.
You’ll like working here if:
- You like to lead. We’ll be looking to you to bring your best ideas and know how to execute them.
- You thrive on variety. We manage about 40 clients at a time. If you like creating strategies related to several industries and working with lots of great humans, you’ll like working with us.
- You’re ready to learn. If you see feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve, you’ll fit right in.
- You’re ready to teach. You’ll be leading a team of copywriters and a big part of your role will be helping with their career development.
- You like people. We want to work with you if you have a knack for building healthy and mutually beneficial client and team relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- The primary emphasis of this role is to guide content strategy and coordinate the work of our content team. The right person will be comfortable with content strategy, copywriting, search engine optimization, and ads.
- Plan and execute content strategy for a variety of clients that drives high engagement
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency. Editing copy with an eye on the details.
- Collect, monitor and analyze social and website metrics, and make improvements accordingly
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust the content strategy as needed
- Collaborate with digital marketing strategists, creative team and account managers to develop effective campaigns
- Manage the distribution of content across all channels
- Building out content based on SEO strategy.
- Developing email marketing strategies and execute them with effective drip content and newsletters.
What You Need
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of content marketing experience
- Samples of both your writing and your strategic work
- Previous digital agency experience preferred, including direct communication with clients
- Professional proficiency in the English language (required)
Who We Are
Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency that works with challenger brands who are creating forward thinking and necessary social change, particularly in the areas of race, class and gender equity.
What We Believe In
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure––as well as the significant responsibility––of helping our clients communicate what they believe in.
Our work is more creative and far more effective by being inclusive of different viewpoints, backgrounds and cultures. We choose clients, collaborators and partners who share this core value.
A few more details
- Location: We are working remotely temporarily. Once it’s safe, we’ll be back in our offices located in San Diego, CA, at least a portion of the week.
- Job Type: Full time, Exempt
- Job Title: Content Strategist
- Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000 per year, commensurate with skills/experience
- Benefits: We provide comprehensive benefits including health insurance, flexible paid time off, a continuing education stipend, paid maternity/paternity leave, and a family friendly workplace.
- Business Hours: Our office is open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Working hours are flexible, but generally during office hours.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.