Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency that works with challenger brands who are solving complex social justice issues. Our role is to bring visibility to important issues around race, class and gender equity, and create sustainable growth opportunities for organizations that are doing good.
We are looking for a Copywriter to join our team of marketing experts. Is that you? Let’s find out!
We want to meet you if:
- You love to write. Like, LOVE love it. We’re looking for a copywriter who thinks about puns in the shower and watches the Superbowl exclusively for the ads.
- You have an analysis on social justice issues. We work with companies who are making significant changes in race, class and gender equity. We want to partner with a copywriter who has an interest in these subjects and a solid understanding of them.
- You are persuasive. You know that the right words can help people make decisions, mitigate hesitation, and share ideas with others. You know how to find and test words until you get the right combination.
- You understand how humans find information. Knowing the basics of SEO ensures your writing gets read––and you want to get read.
- You are versatile. You like to write website copy, blog content, email marketing copy, video storyboards, and social media content.
- You’ve got receipts. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve been working on.
You’ll like working here if:
- You want to show up as yourself, every day. Black, Brown, queer, differently-abled—we believe a variety of voices and lived experiences brings a richness to our work, and we know that our results are better for it.
- You like working with people who are changing the ways the world works. Our clients are pushing the envelope in the areas of race, class and gender equity, sustainable commerce, body positivity and other progressive agendas. If you have been looking for a way to create long-term societal impact through your work, this is the place.
- You’re curious and a life-long learner. You have a genuine interest in consumer behavior and digital psychology. You’ve got experience in growing sales through marketing channels, including social media, email marketing, SEO and content. You are a flexible and resourceful problem solver.
- You are an ethical marketer. We work with social innovators and change makers. Our clients look to us to develop new tools and methods to amplify their work without relying on manipulative marketing practices.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Crafting copy for landing pages that drive action
- Writing SEO-driven blog content for clients and for the agency
- Writing social media content and email marketing campaigns that drive engagement
- Editing copy with an eye on the details
- Working with our web designers and developers to develop conversion-driven copy that makes visitors click.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but may be supplemented or replaced with relevant experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Professional proficiency in English
- Committed to anti-oppression work, both personally and professionally
- Interested in learning about race, class and gender equity as it relates to marketing
- High integrity and a personal commitment to liberatory practices
- Ability to balance task-oriented work without compromising relationship building and engaging with diverse people as whole humans
What We Believe In:
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens, and we choose clients, team members, collaborators, and partners who share our core values.
A Few More Details:
- Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Location: Fully remote. We’ll see you on Zoom! If you’re in San Diego and want to work out of the office from time to time, you’re welcome to but it’s not required.
- Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Job Title: Copywriter
- Compensation: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
- Benefits: We provide comprehensive benefits including health insurance, flexible paid time off, a continuing education stipend, paid maternity/paternity leave, and a family friendly workplace.
- Business Hours: We generally work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday, but these times may fluctuate slightly based on your time zone.
How To Apply:
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear how you align with our core values.