Wayward Kind is looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist to join our team of marketing experts. Is that you? Let’s find out:
We Want to Meet You If:
- You love social media. Every day you update early and often. Your knowledge spans platforms, and you know how to grow an audience. And when something new comes along, your goal is to get out in front of the crowd and use it to connect.
- You have some experience in digital marketing. (Or not.) Do you have a general way of reading people and audiences and understanding what they need? That’s key.
- You are versatile. You enjoy working in a space that is different every day. Our clients are trying new things all the time, and we keep pace with them.
- You’ve got receipts. You can show us how you’ve been developing your space in the digital world and how your channels influence the world around you.
You’ll Like Working Here If:
- You want a workplace where you can show up as yourself every day. Black, Brown, queer, differently-abled—we know that a variety of voices brings a richness of perspectives, and we know that our work is better for it. Whoever you are, if you’ve got the skills for this job, we’ve got space for you to showcase them.
- You want to flex your creativity every day. We work with social innovators, and their innovation pushes us to discover new methods to amplify the power of their work.
- You like working with people who are changing the ways the world works. Our clients are pushing the envelope in areas of racial/gender equity, sustainable commerce, body positivity and many others. If you have been looking for a way for your day-to-day to create long-term impact, this is the place.
- You’re a flexible, resourceful problem solver. Digital marketing is at the heart of all we do, and your skills will touch every part of our agency. We need a person who knows how to ask questions and find answers, who is happy to try what’s never been done to see if it works. A willingness to not know but find out is vital.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conceptualizing content pieces, including determining what platform and format will work best to reach a defined audience
- Oversight of content from initial concept through publication
- Gathering data, analyzing, and delivering the results of specific campaigns and initiatives to clients, including website metrics, social media metrics, and email marketing metrics
- Strategy and direction for website development, including new websites, revamped sites, and ongoing website updates
- Social media account setup, optimization, and content development, remaining in alignment with current best practices and algorithm changes
- Regular interaction with clients to ensure satisfaction with content and to continually refine and evolve strategy
- Marketing plan development and facilitation
- Referral marketing strategy development
What You Need:
- 2-3 years of marketing strategy experience
- 2-3 years of social media experience
- Basic graphic design skills for social media (Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
- Previous digital agency experience preferred, including direct communication with clients
- Professional proficiency in English
Who We Are:
Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency built on the belief that people buy from people, not from brands. We work with challenger brands that are making a significant impact in race, class, and gender equality. Our work is rooted in creating positive social change, and we partner with companies and organizations that are aligned with our purpose. More of our work can be found at waywardkind.com/work.
What We Believe In:
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens, and we choose clients, collaborators, and partners who share these core values.
A Few More Details:
- Location: This position is remote though our home office is located in San Diego, CA.
- Job type: Full time
- Job Title: Digital Marketing Strategist
- Salary Range: $45,000-50,000/year
- Benefits: Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation Time, Health Insurance
- Business Hours: 8 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and any samples of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org