Wayward Kind is looking for an experienced copywriter to join our team of marketing experts. Is that you? Let’s find out.
We want to meet you if:
- You love to write. Like, LOVE love it. We’re looking for a copywriter who thinks about puns in the shower and watches the Superbowl exclusively for the ads.
- You dig research. We work with companies in the B2B services space, which means unless you’re an expert in insurance, financial services, transportation or a number of other semi-boring industries, you’re going to have to know how to dig for details on the interwebs.
- You are persuasive. You know that the right words can help people make decisions, mitigate hesitation, and share ideas with others. You know how to find and test words until you get the right combination.
- You understand how humans find information. Knowing the basics of SEO ensures your writing gets read––and you want to get read.
- You are versatile. You like to write website copy, blog content, email marketing copy, video storyboards, and social media content.
- You’ve got receipts. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve been working on.
You’ll like working here if:
- You like to lead. We’ll be looking to you to bring your best ideas and know how to execute them.
- You thrive on variety. We manage about 15-20 clients at a time. If you like writing about a bunch of topics and learning about several industries at a time, you’ll like working with us.
- You’re ready to learn. If you see feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve, you’ll fit right in.
- You want to play a bigger role. We are small and mighty team. At a bigger agency, you’d be stuck in a cube, churning out copy all day. Here, you’ll be in a leadership role. We’ll look to you to guide best practices in content strategy and execution.
- You like people. We want to work with you if you have a knack for building healthy and mutually beneficial client and team relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Crafting punchy copy for websites and landing pages that drives action.
- Writing engaging blog content for clients across various industries
- Developing email marketing strategies and execute them with effective drip content and newsletters.
- Editing copy with an eye on the details.
- Building out content based on SEO strategy.
- Working with our web designers and developers to develop conversion-driven copy that makes visitors click.
What You Need
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of copywriting experience
- Written samples of your work
- Agency experience (preferred)
- Professional proficiency in the English language (required)
Who We Are
Wayward Kind is an ambitious group of expert marketing consultants focused on helping small businesses grow. We develop digital marketing strategies that are an extension of our clients’ strongest relationships. Our approach is purposeful, goal-oriented, and customized for each client with whom we work. More of our work can be found at waywardkind.com/work.
What We Believe In
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure––as well as the significant responsibility––of helping our clients communicate what they believe in.
Our work is more creative and far more effective by being inclusive of different viewpoints, backgrounds and cultures. We choose clients, collaborators and partners who share this core value.
A few more details
- Location: In our offices located in San Diego, CA – Mission Gorge area. This is NOT a remote position. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Title: Copywriter
- Salary Range: Commensurate with skills/experience
- Benefits: Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation Time
- Business Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.