Wayward Kind is looking for an experienced copywriter (or two) to join our team of marketing experts. Is that you? Let’s find out.
We want to meet you if:
- You love to write. Like, LOVE love it. We’re looking for a copywriter who thinks about puns in the shower and watches the Superbowl exclusively for the ads.
- You have an analysis on social justice issues. We work with companies who are making significant changes in race, class and gender equity. We want to partner with a copywriter who has a interest in these subjects and a solid understanding of them.
- You are persuasive. You know that the right words can help people make decisions, mitigate hesitation, and share ideas with others. You know how to find and test words until you get the right combination.
- You understand how humans find information. Knowing the basics of SEO ensures your writing gets read––and you want to get read.
- You are versatile. You like to write website copy, blog content, email marketing copy, video storyboards, and social media content.
- You’ve got receipts. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve been working on.
You’ll like working here if:
- You like to lead. We’ll be looking to you to bring your best ideas and know how to execute them.
- You thrive on variety. Our copywriter manage about 10-15 clients at a time. If you like writing about a bunch of topics and learning about several industries, you’ll like working with us.
- You’re ready to learn. If you see feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve, and not as a threat.
- You want to play a bigger role. We are small and mighty team. At a bigger agency, you’d be stuck in a cube, churning out copy all day. Here, you’ll be in a leadership role. We’ll look to you to guide best practices in content strategy and execution.
- You like people. We want to work with you if you have a knack for building healthy and mutually beneficial relationships with our team and clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Crafting punchy copy for websites and landing pages that drives action.
- Writing engaging blog content for clients across various industries
- Developing email marketing strategies and executing them with effective drip content and newsletters.
- Editing copy with an eye on the details.
- Building out content based on SEO strategy.
- Working with our web designers and developers to develop conversion-driven copy that makes visitors click.
What You Need
- 2-3 years of copywriting experience
- Written samples of your work
- Professional proficiency in the English language
- Agency experience (preferred)
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred, but not required)
Who We Are
Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency built on the belief people buy from people, not brands. We work with challenger brands who are making a significant impact in race, class, and gender equity. Our work is rooted in creating positive social change and we partner with companies and organizations that are aligned with our purpose. More of our work can be found at waywardkind.com/work.
What We Believe In
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens and we choose clients, collaborators and partners who share these core values.
A few more details
- Location: This position will be remote temporarily during COVID, but will be on site at our offices located in San Diego, CA (Mission Gorge area) as soon as it’s safe to return. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Title: Copywriter
- Salary Range: $22-$25/hour.
- Benefits: Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation Time, Health Insurance
- Business Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (one landing page and one blog post) to email@example.com.