Project Manager // Job Description
Full Time, Exempt
We are a digital marketing agency working with purpose-driven companies. Our clients are making good by creating positive, forward thinking, and necessary change in their industry.
As marketing and branding experts, our work is rooted in bringing greater visibility to organizations that are solving complex social, environmental and organizational justice issues. We partner with organizations that are leading systems-change efforts and contributing to a more just future.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team of marketing experts. Are you the person we are looking for? Let’s find out!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing the client journey from onboarding, strategy, planning, project execution, and performance reporting throughout the engagement––from kickoff call to through project completion.
- Managing multiple clients/projects simultaneously.
- Supporting the learning and work of other project managers.
- Ensuring the profitability of each project by managing team resources and time effectively.
- Selecting and collaborating with the right members of the team for each project, including copywriters, SEO specialists, content strategists, social media strategists, designers, developers, SEO strategist, ad specialists and other team members as needed
- Solving problems that arise throughout the project.
- Providing status reports measuring ROI for clients
- Reporting on personal and project-related KPIs
- Building healthy and mutually beneficial team relationships
Why You’ll Like Working With Us:
- You want to show up as yourself, every day. Black, Brown, queer, differently-abled—we believe a variety of voices and lived experiences brings a richness to our work, and we know that our results are better for it.
- You like working with people who are changing the ways the world works. Our clients are pushing the envelope in the areas of race, class and gender equity, sustainable commerce, body positivity and other progressive agendas. If you have been looking for a way to create long-term societal impact through your work, this is the place.
- You’re curious and a life-long learner. You have a genuine interest in consumer behavior and digital psychology. You’ve got experience in growing sales through marketing channels, including social media, email marketing, SEO and content. You are a flexible and resourceful problem solver.
- You are an ethical marketer. We work with social innovators and change makers. Our clients look to us to develop new tools and methods to amplify their work without relying on manipulative marketing practices.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but may be supplemented/replaced with relevant experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Professional proficiency in English
- A familiarity with and working knowledge of marketing strategy, branding strategy, blogging, social media marketing, email marketing, website design, website development, SEO and other marketing services.
- Committed to anti-oppression work, both personally and professionally
- Interested in learning about race, class and gender equity as it relates to marketing
- High integrity and a personal commitment to liberatory practices
- Able to balance task-oriented work without compromising relationship building and engaging with diverse people as whole humans
What We Believe In:
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens, and we choose clients, team members, collaborators, and partners who share our core values.
A Few More Details:
- Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Location: Fully remote. We’ll see you on Zoom! If you’re in San Diego and want to work out of the office from time to time, you’re welcome to but it’s not required.
- Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Title: Project Manager
- Compensation: $50,000/year
- Generous time off: 15 paid holidays, 10 days paid personal time off, 5 days of paid sick leave
- Benefits: Health Insurance, retirement savings plan, stipend for continuing education, family friendly workplace
- Business Hours: We generally work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday, but these times may fluctuate slightly based on your time zone.
How To Apply:
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear how you align with our core values.