Wayward Kind is a digital marketing agency that works with challenger brands who are solving complex social justice issues. Our role is to bring visibility to important issues around race, class and gender equity, and create sustainable growth opportunities for organizations that are doing good.
We are looking for an SEO & SEM Specialist to join our team of marketing experts. Is that you? Let’s find out!
We want to meet you if:
- You’re fascinated by figuring out why people buy. You are curious about what makes people hover, read, click and buy. You love that you have the power to ethically shape buyer behavior through your work.
- You have an analysis on social justice issues. We work with companies who are making significant changes in race, class and gender equity. You share this commitment and enjoy working in the equity space.
- You’re proactive. You are always monitoring performance and are quick to recommend changes and improvements whenever you uncover them. You know that when it comes to ads, time is money and you’re a very good steward of clients’ resources.
- You test and iterate in a calculated way. You love to test new ideas to see how you can improve outcomes for clients, but it never feels like trial and error. You have run enough ads in your day and managed enough budgets that when you try new things, you’ve got a pretty good idea of the outcome before you dive in.
- You’ve got receipts. This isn’t your first rodeo. You’ve got a lot of campaigns under your belt and you know what works. You make smart recommendations to clients and the rest of the team by drawing on past experience. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve accomplished.
You’ll like working here if:
- You want to show up as yourself, every day. Black, Brown, queer, differently-abled—we believe a variety of voices and lived experiences brings a richness to our work, and we know that our results are better for it.
- You thrive on variety. We manage about 40 clients at a time. If you like creating strategies related to several industries and working with lots of great humans, you’ll like working with us.
- You’re ready to learn. If you see feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve, you’ll fit right in.
- You’re a “details” person. You’re meticulously organized and like to go into meetings over-prepared. People tell you that you set the bar high for getting the details juuuuuuust right.
- You like people. We want to work with you if you have a knack for building healthy and mutually beneficial client and team relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Researching and defining keyword strategy for paid search initiatives
- Writing optimized ad copy
- Setting up and launching campaigns in platforms including but not limited to Google AdWords (including Google Display Network), Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Monitoring and optimizing campaigns to maximize results, ensuring budgets and timelines are met
- Compiling, analyzing and presenting paid advertising reports
- Managing timelines and expectations, and delivering effective results
- Working well under pressure; meeting multiple, and sometimes competing, deadlines
- Staying up to date on industry news and trends
- Identifying opportunities to test new strategies that will help our clients grow
What You Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 1-2 years of demonstrated, hands on SEM & PPC experience (required)
- Google Ads certification (required)
- Samples of campaigns you’ve run and the results you’ve achieved for clients
- Previous digital agency experience is very much preferred, including direct communication with clients
- Professional proficiency in the English language (required)
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite
- Committed to anti-oppression work, both personally and professionally
- Interested in learning about race, class and gender equity as it relates to marketing
- High integrity and a personal commitment to liberatory practices
- Ability to balance task-oriented work without compromising relationship building and engaging with diverse people as whole humans
What We Believe In:
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure, as well as the significant responsibility, of helping organizations communicate what they believe in.
We approach our work through a social justice lens, and we choose clients, team members, collaborators, and partners who share our core values.
A Few More Details:
- Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Location: Fully remote. We’ll see you on Zoom! If you’re in San Diego and want to work out of the office from time to time, you’re welcome to but it’s not required.
- Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Job Title: SEO Specialist
- Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000 per year, commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits: We provide comprehensive benefits including health insurance, flexible paid time off, a continuing education stipend, paid maternity/paternity leave, and a family friendly workplace.
- Business Hours: We generally work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday, but these times may fluctuate slightly based on your time zone.
How To Apply:
Does this sound like you? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear how you align with our core values.