Wayward Kind is looking for an experienced web designer to join our team of marketing experts. Is that you? Let’s find out.
We want to meet you if:
- You live and breathe design. We’re looking for someone who is always on the lookout for design inspiration and pixel perfection.
- You dig research. We work with companies in the B2B services space, which means unless you’re an expert in insurance, financial services, transportation or a number of other semi-boring industries, you’re going to have to know how to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar industries.
- You are persuasive. You know that good design creates an emotional connection with the audience that can help people make decisions, mitigate hesitation, and share ideas with others.
- You are versatile. You like to design websites, brand identity, social media content, email marketing pieces, and the occasional printed piece.
- You understand how people think. Knowing the basics of digital psychology ensures that your work not only builds brand recognition, but also drives conversions.
- You’ve got receipts. You’ve got examples of your work and you’re proud to show off what you’ve been working on.
You’ll like working here if:
- You like to lead. We’ll be looking to you to bring your best ideas and know how to execute them.
- You thrive on variety. We manage about 15-20 clients at a time. If you like designing for several clients and learning about several industries at a time, you’ll like working with us.
- You’re ready to learn. If you see feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve, you’ll fit right in.
- You want to play a bigger role. We are small and mighty team. At a bigger agency, you’d be stuck in a cube, churning out work all day. Here, you’ll be in a leadership role. We’ll look to you to guide best practices in design strategy and execution.
- You like people. We want to work with you if you have a knack for building healthy and mutually beneficial client and team relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing responsive websites and landing pages (UI and page layouts) in the B2B space using WordPress themes.
- Managing the workflow process of design, including but not limited to:
- New website concepting and execution
- Landing page design
- Email marketing design
- Social media content design
- Identity / logo design
- Working with our web developer, copywriter, and SEO strategist to develop conversion-driven sites.
- Presenting deliverables and results to clients and talking through your approach
- Working on a tightly-knit team to execute design projects in a timely manner.
- Doing other design work for the agency, as assigned.
What You Need
- 2-3 years of web design experience
- A portfolio of your work
- Professional proficiency in the English language
- Proficiency in the WordPress framework and using WordPress themes
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Agency experience (preferred)
Who We Are
Wayward Kind is an ambitious group of expert marketing consultants focused on helping small businesses grow. We develop digital marketing strategies that are an extension of our clients’ strongest relationships. Our approach is purposeful, goal-oriented, and customized for each client with whom we work. More of our work can be found at waywardkind.com/work.
What We Believe
As a marketing firm, we are messengers. Our clients trust us to tell their stories and amplify their voices. We have the great pleasure––as well as the significant responsibility––of helping our clients communicate what they believe in.
Our work is more creative and far more effective by being inclusive of different viewpoints, backgrounds, and cultures. We choose clients, collaborators, and partners who share this core value.
A few more details
- Location: In our offices located in San Diego, CA – Mission Gorge area. This is NOT a remote position. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Title: Web Designer & Developer
- Salary Range: Commensurate with skills/experience
- Benefits: Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Training, Dog-friendly Workplace.
- Business Hours: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.